Gentleness and Humilty


 Years ago i worked on the Fruit of the Spirit and I'm not sure I've ever stopped. 

This past week the Holy Spirit really spoke to me in so many ways "where's My gentleness in you?" 

💩

I've also been working on humility. 

I feel like I'm on a race against time. Get all the things done, send all the emails, don't get yelled at. It's me.

100mph most of it in circles. 

I bare a lot of responsibility. I take it seriously. 

All of that being said, I've done a lot of reflecting this week. And it's been a little ouchie. I've tried to slow down, take a breath. 

Every week I'm reading, writing, and meditating on a scripture. I don't do some deep in depth study, i just really think about what God is trying to say to me. This weeks scripture was 

“Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.”

‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭5‬:‭6‬-‭7‬ ‭ESV


I was writing it out and i didn't really care about the exalt part, what really got me was verse 7 "“casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.”

‭‭

I have found myself anxious about messing up and making mistakes. I'm bound to make them and i have, everyone does. But there are two things that hit me. Humble yourself- i must be teachable that how i will grow. I can learn from anyone and will learn from everyone. A humble heart is necessary. I cannot think I'm better than anyone else or more important (because I'm not - everyone matters). I've got to cast my anxieties on to the Lord and know that He cares for me and is working it out for my good. 


I've got to remember that if i say I love and follow Jesus that i must obey His

Commands- love Him and love His people.

And to do that i think Humility and Gentleness are absolutely necessary.

Comments