LITGWM: fall prep

 How do you know spring is coming? Because we are here now.


I often put off today what i can do in the spring and every spring i say "why didn't i do this in the fall?" 🥺🤔


Big changes coming to the garden. I'm taking out two beds and donating them to the community garden. I'm thankful for the opportunity. 





I took the dirt out of one bed and topped off two so they are ready for spring. I'm out here shoveling dirt after a long day. A long week. 


The marigolds reminding me how great it is to be a late bloomer. How the wisdom that comes from waiting sustains you. The heat and the cold teach resilience. The protection of something beautiful can bring a joy i can't even fathom. 


Love is hard. The love of the garden, the love of people. Bugs and animals and the same sun that the plants reach for to grow can kill them without water. 


Soon the beds will be covered in snow resting the earth for the new things to come. 


I thankful for this season. It's been hard and hot and humbling. It's reminded me why the steps of growth. 


Thankful. 


Thankful for all it's brought to me. 

Comments