Journey of grief - memories and things

 Memories and So many things. 





That's what's left. 


There are things that I've wanted to save and keep. Things that have a memory or a laugh behind them.


This phone was on my dad's nightstand during my childhood. The rotary dial was stiff and i can still hear him say "yell-o" when he answered the phone. 


I look at the phone and laugh because i hated that phone growing up, i couldn't wait for a push button phone. But when i saw it sitting in the closet, i wanted it, even though it has ZERO use. 


There are things that i have saved from my dad's house and i might get rid of them soon, but for now i felt a reason to hold on to a few things. 


I think about my own legacy. I hope people know how much i loved them, and maybe there's a thing that will remind people of me. I hope they have a favorite meal that i made them, and i hope they know that as serious as i can be, they also know how funny i am. But really i hope they know i loved them. 


Memories and things. 


That's all that's left after a life well lived.

Comments