The Journey of Grief - Structure in meals

 I've found that sometimes having structure helps me!  and also... groceries...  so expensive!  I'm pretty good at getting good deals on things but I haven't been the best at meal planning but in the last month I've gotten better- shared ingredients, what's in the freezer...  I've also been working on eating healthier and making good choices with more veggies and legumes!

one thing I also learned...  is that I give myself choices for the week and then decide instead of having SUPER structure.  

This week I've planned:

Hardboiled eggs/tomatoes/avocados 

Egg Salad/GFree Toast (Rumi's)

White Chicken Chili - recipe below

Chicken Alfredo with Aldi G-Free Noodles

Taco Salads with cheese quesadillas with corn tortillas

These choices are easy to prepare, provide lunches and dinner leftovers.  With all the travel, it feels so good to have meals at home that are tasty and I know what's in them! (My tummy has had issues since I got home!

Also my daughter has been making soup/meals for people and every time she mentions it I think to myself "MMMMM that sounds good!"  so finally I am getting around to making it!

White Chicken Chili


4 Chicken Breasts, cooked and chopped or

1 Rotissiere Chicken, deboned, skinned and chopped

2 Med Onions, chopped

1 TBL Oil

4 Cloves, Garlic, minced

4 oz. Chopped green Chiles

2 tsp. Ground Cumin

1 1/2 tsp. Oregano or Italian Seasoning

2 (16 oz each) Great Northern Beans, drain and rinse

2 cans Chicken Broth

2 Cups Shredded Cheddar or Monterey jack Cheese.


Saute onions in oil until transluscent, add garlic, chiles and spices, cook additional 5 minutes. In Crockpot place onion-spice mixure, chicken, broth & beans, cook on low *5 hours. 10 minutes before serving, stir in  cheese  and stir thoroughly. Ladle up servings topped with additional cheese and sprinkle with crushed tortilla chips or serve with warm bread!


Comments