LITGWM: dreaming




 When i first came tomy church  one of the things i loved was that we had a community garden. Last year we got a lot of new beds and a wonderful team  came and prepped the area to put the new beds down. I spent hours in the garden but even though my dad passed in the fall, all the things that had to be done, just didn't get done. 

I tried transplanting tomato plants but that just wasn't great. And the rest of the beds are full of weeds. I'm dreaming of fall prepping it over the Thanksgiving break or even on Black Friday. I want it to be read for the spring.

I dream of a rotating garden and perennial flowers to be cut for the family meals we share at the table with our community. Radishes and lettuce in early spring, tomatoes and cucumbers in the heat of summer. 

My favorite place to buy seeds has "grab bags" where one can buy 30 types of seeds for $11 - which is a STEAL - it's just a surprise what you get! 

Even my home garden was a bit easy and chill. Mostly just tomatoes. I will do more planning. Between just the loss of my father and selling the house, it was a hard year. I can't believe it's almost a month and he will be gone a year. The year has brought so many feelings. One especially is loneliness. 

I do my best to keep a smile and carry on but sometimes the loneliness is deafening. It's so kind and lovely  to get cards and texts when the death is fresh but it's hard when the days go by. I've had a hard and beautiful year. Restored a relationship i would have never thought possible. 

Being in the garden makes me feel close to God. I see His creation, His provision. The details of all vegetables. The goodness of Him. I feel His warmth on a sunny day, i see the need for rain and quiet.  I hear him in the songs of the birds. The majesty of a butterfly takes my breath away. The beauty in the timing and the intricacies of flowers. Oh and the joy in a little bee butt. 

That's why i dream of gardens. They are full of His Goodness. 

Comments