This week and next...

Next week we are off. 3 days mandatory vacation, 2 days holiday. Some people were a little torqued off that it was mandartory vacation. Not me. I made a list of how great I thought it was going to be and what I would do!

I like my job. I thought I wanted to be a teacher, but God had a different plan. I really like what I do, I love kids too, but I think I am better suited for this, plus, I spend my time with kids helping them to love Jesus. I got the best of it all if you ask me!

I'm excited about our time off, there's only one thing... when we have time off, a lot of preparation for that week of unproductiveness at work must occur. There is a lot of fore thought into being gone. I'm sure it's like that for everyone. This week, its been crazier than a normal time off. Holy Moly. We had an issue that everyone (except me) new about for A YEAR, I found out last Wednesday and of course it was "hurry up and fix it" ugh. (yeah, in my spare time). It's all taken care of. Shew! That was close. That's just the way it goes. I will probably check my email while I am gone, follow up on a few things, but for the most part, I will spend the time following the plan of my list :)

Thank You Jesus for the job I have! Thank You Jesus for the time off!

Ruth 2:7 She said, 'Please let me glean and gather among the sheaves behind the harvesters.' She went into the field and has worked steadily from morning till now, except for a short rest in the shelter."

Comments

Constance said…
I think your list is a great idea! We sometimes take the normalcy in our lives for granted. It isn't until those things ae threatened that we fully appreciate the blessing we have been given.

Like you, I have been busy planning and such. I have mentioned that going on vacation for Thanksgiving creates a LOT of work. But you now what? I like your attitude! I need to focus on the fact that I STILL have my parents and can spend some time with them and others in our family!

Connie