Me, God, and a rowboat


Does anybody ever wonder if I'm really ok?

I can pretty much put on a face of "good". Sure there is a point I get to where I can't hold back the tears or the emotion any longer. But lately, I've been in the state of "good".

So if you are really wondering... I'm not really good.

I'm in a row boat with no oars.

In the middle of a sea. In a rowboat with no oars.

This is kind of a first for me.

I typically know where to go, I know where God wants me, where He plans on using me. And I go whereever it is, full steam ahead. But right now, I feel like I'm in the middle of a lake, in a rowboat with no oars. I don't know where to go or what to do or if I should stay right where I am. So I'm sitting here. And I mean this in almost every aspect of my life.

Pretending.

Pretending to be "good".

Wondering.

Wondering where it is God wants me. Besides "with Him".

Where is it that He wants me to go. What is it that He wants me to do? Or should I stay right where I am?

I know that whereever I am, I am willing and I really try to be obedient. So God uses me.

But I don't know where I am supposed to go.

I'm in the middle of the lake, in a rowboat, waiting on God.

Hebrews 6:15 And so after waiting patiently, Abraham received what was promised.

Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
You may not be able to "go" anywhere at all till He says...Sometimes I think He forces us to be still.,,,like in boats with no oars.
Deb said…
Just do the last thing it was He told you to do. And wait. Until you hear from Him again.
Deb said…
....and at least you have a boat.

I think sometimes that I don't even have a boat....let alone oars!
Constance said…
Sometimes we think waiting is bad thing but I'm convinced that there is even a season of waiting. I can look back at those times and realize that followed was either a time where I needed extra strength or God was moving in a mighty way. I have also learned that satan opposes us the most when God is about to move! Sometimes waiting is hard, believe me I know!
Connie
KayMac said…
Waiting...very difficult. But down the road, you will look back and this time will be priceless. (from one who has been there, too!)