Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday...

My brain has kind of been on overload. I’ve been very anxious lately.

I was thankful for today, I seemed to be busy not doing much. I had a great breakfast with my friend Dina, almost every Saturday starts with my nail appointment. I think if I wasn’t at Daybreak on Saturday mornings they wouldn’t know what to do. I made two crazy big pots of stew, and I don’t even like stew, lol.

A church that I serve at (they serve two meals a day – EVERY day! They are amazing!!!) had some crazy overabundance of mixed veggies, and instead of telling them what to do with them, I took them off their hands, added a few key ingredients, and voila stew! Its now in the freezer so they can use it when they need it. Tomorrow I make Chicken Stew for our meal that we bring on Thursdays.

While my stew (that smelled incredible and tasted pretty good if I do say so myself) cooked I went for a run. May I just say that people really need to shovel their walks. Sheesh, it was like an obstacle course out there, not to mention people were not happy when I had to run in the street (someone actually yelled at me – yeah, like it was my fault that there was snowy icy paths!). It was a tough run, it’s the first time I’ve run in 2 weeks. I just really HATE running on the treadmill, and I haven’t done any exercise except for Zumba on Mondays since I last ran. I’ve been so busy with work, and just exhausted that I didn’t exercise. I decided that I really do enjoy the elliptical so I will go to the gym in the mornings and do that, and run outside on different days. I need to exercise, and I need to love it. And I will run outside, I know that I will be ready for the 15 miles in May and I will be ready for the marathon on October. So there, I came clean.

I got the answer to my decision. Funny, I always knew.

Tomorrow I will run. I hope its easier than that last ½ mile today.

Tomorrow I have my cake decorating class. I’m kind of excited and nervous. I’ve got all the stuff to be successful, I hope I don’t screw it up. I made a 8” cherry chip cake for valentine’s day.

Tomorrow will be our time together (me & phyl) and I can’t wait.

Proverbs 12:25 Anxiety weighs down the heart,
but a kind word cheers it up.

1 comment:

JessicaChubb said...

I read something the other day about someone swatting away worries like flies with prayer. Every anxious thought turned into a prayer to God. I have been trying that this week. I want to say that I am learning to pray about everything. Some days are better than others. But I am so much more filled with peace!

You are lovely and beautiful! I see four beautiful women in that picture on your facebook. I am happy that God directed your running time with an answer! He is good!