He is


Sometimes I get completely overwhelmed!  I mean like I can’t breathe, when someone asks me how I am I just say ‘fine’ or if you ever hear me say “I’ll be ok” it really means that I’m a complete mess inside and if I say anything I will start to cry as witnessed by my friend this morning (man was I thankful for her!).  I don’t always know what to do in those situations.   I usually have a mix of emotions.  Sometimes I want to punch someone, sometimes I want to just cry.  But mostly I just want someone to FIX it.  Whatever I need at the moment, the basement floods, I want someone to come clean it, college needs to be paid for, a nice big fat check would be nice.

Sometimes the cleaner guys show up, and sometimes the money comes.   But one thing I have learned is to take my issues to The Throne.  Who better to take care of things than the King of Kings. There is no one higher, bigger, smarter.  In all my overwhelmedness, He is good.  When I screw it all up, He is faithful.

I am never sure of what is ahead, how things will be worked out, but I know they work out for His Glory.  So today, when my insides are churning, I will rest in the fact that He would have died just for me.  He is good.  He is my Father.  My healer. My portion.  He is my way.  He is Faithful.  He is Eternal. He is Risen.  He is ALL things. He is my Savior. He is my Lord.  He is. 

What else do I need to know?

“Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments.” Deuteronomy 7:9 NIV

Comments

Deb said…
Overwhelmedness. Is that even a word? That's how I felt this morning. I called on my friend to pray - she prayed and God came through. - And I was OVERWHELMED by His presence - could hardly contain myself as I sat in church. God is awesome. He is. :)
Margie said…
If overwhelmedness is not a word... it should be!