Meal Planning & Money Saving


Sometimes it seems we have kind of a 'theme' week.  Sometimes it's lots of freezer meals (that were leftover), sometimes we eat a LOT of mexican, I guess it's kind of whatever we might have a taste for that week.  Sometimes the theme is quick and delicious!

This week I am using my pressure cooker thanks to my friend Andrea (and her mom) for the recipes!  Here's hoping for an easy week.

I've been doing a lot of praying and thinking about money saving.  I've decided that for the next couple months I am going to really focus on NOT buying things we don't NEED.  I got invited to a jean party, which I probably would have went to, and spent money, on a pair of great jeans, but I don't NEED them.  I just don't.  And I got invited to a Scentsy party, WHICH I LOVE!!!!! but I don't NEED them, I actually have plenty of wax, plenty of burners,  those are wants not needs.  I even found myself going to purchase workout videos yesterday because they were $5, but I don't NEED them.  I can run outside, I can do the tapes I already have, unnecessary spending.  NO NEED FOR THAT.  Time to turn my wanter off.

Even this week's Alive Staff dinner (and cooking for Metro's building work crew too) is pretty cheap!  Taco Rice.  Its yummy, it's adaptable, you can sneak in some veggies, and it's cheap. Serving with chips and homemade salsa (because homemade is cheaper than store bought and tastes better too!)

This week's menu:

Sunday - Dinner with the Fam (chicken, mashed taters, cole slaw, cake)
             - Alive Staff/Metro Work Peeps - Taco rice, chips & salsa

Monday - Stuffed Pepper Soup (crockpot)

Tuesday - Honey Garlic Chicken (pressure cooker)

Wednesday - leftovers (and prep for Thursday's dinner)

Thursday - Chicken Cacciatore (pressure cooker) with G-free noodles

Friday - TBA Cooking for serving some peeps in a park on Saturday

Saturday - TBA




Comments