Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Sunday, April 15, 2012

Tomato Sauced Ribs

This is one of my very favorite recipes!  I found it while exploring my Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook, next time I make some recipe pages for my homemade cookbook, this will be added. 

1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes, undrained
2 stalks celery (about 1 c)
3/4 c chopped green pepper (I usually use this)
1/2 c chopped onion
1 1/2 t sugar
1/2 t dried basil
1/2 t salt (sometimes I do this... sometimes not)
1/4 t black pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
2 pounds boneless country ribs

Mix all the ingredients except the ribs in crockpot (I use crockpot liners!)  Then add ribs, coat them.

Cook in slowcooker 8 - 10 hours on low, 4 - 5 on high!  Remove ribs and skim fat off sauce.  Serve over ribs and noodles, potatoes, or rice.

YUM!

Serve with potatoes...  rice, noodles, whatever floats your boat!

No comments: