Tomato Sauced Ribs

This is one of my very favorite recipes!  I found it while exploring my Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook, next time I make some recipe pages for my homemade cookbook, this will be added. 

1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes, undrained
2 stalks celery (about 1 c)
3/4 c chopped green pepper (I usually use this)
1/2 c chopped onion
1 1/2 t sugar
1/2 t dried basil
1/2 t salt (sometimes I do this... sometimes not)
1/4 t black pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
2 pounds boneless country ribs

Mix all the ingredients except the ribs in crockpot (I use crockpot liners!)  Then add ribs, coat them.

Cook in slowcooker 8 - 10 hours on low, 4 - 5 on high!  Remove ribs and skim fat off sauce.  Serve over ribs and noodles, potatoes, or rice.

YUM!

Serve with potatoes...  rice, noodles, whatever floats your boat!

Comments