Lessons of yesterday



Yesterday was a crazy day!  I think my blood pressure might have shot up a point or 100.  But in all that, I learned a few lessons.

11.      I was so mad at my city.  Actually at our previous mayor, she did a poor job of managing our city’s finances, and because of that we have less city services, and it makes me crazy!  It’s no shock that I don’t like my city that much, but I can either sit by and do nothing or I can do something about it. I am smart (though sometimes not always wise) and so I am going to gather data and try to do something about it.   I know…  you can’t fight city hall, but I don’t want to fight…  I just want to see if I can help.  And so I will

2.      Sometimes we need to have really great friends in our corner cheering us on.  Yesterday I was having a rough day when it came to wanting to make good choices, and I was low on my step count because I worked from home and it’s not a very far walk to the bathroom and that’s pretty much all I did yesterday except digging out plow mess!  I made a delicious dinner http://christdrivenmom.blogspot.com/2015/02/chicken-cacciatore-frozen-crockpot-meal.html?m=1 but I didn’t even want to eat it! I wanted to go out, probably eat something I shouldn’t! But instead I had a great cheerleader friend who said “yes you can go out” which really only made me want to eat at home because I made the food, and it made me stick to my budget.  Also she cheered me on as I was a little down about my steps, and she reminded me to keep track of the good things/choices I made yesterday!  Made me feel like a winner!

3.  I have a friend that I have known since High School but probably haven’t seen or talked to since 10th grade. We reconnected on facebook (see it’s not all bad!) and it was nice to catch up, and I hope we can meet up soon and really catch up!  He told me that when we were in high school I often lifted his spirits when he was having a bad day.  Which really shocked me! I had absolutely no idea!  I think we make crazy impacts on people’s lives (good and bad) and sometimes we never know.   I can only imagine all the times I didn’t make a difference for the good, but I am thankful for the times when I am reminded, be kind. Take good care of people you know, and those you don’t.  It matters.

Though at some point I would not have chalked yesterday up to a good day, as I walked around the block (trying to get in my 10,000 steps!) I was reminded how there are lessons in every day.  That God uses us even when we don’t know it.  That it’s important to do the right things even when no one is watching.

It just sometimes takes time.

Comments