Pray don't worry


There is something, something that lies deep within you when your parent dies of cancer.  Especially if your parent dies at a young age.  Will it happen to me?  I have always wondered that.  It’s a horrible thing to have lurking in your heart.  It brings fear and anxiousness. 

Today I go for a mammogram, it’s just routine, but nonetheless, I will hold my breath waiting for the results.

Just recently, when having a super emotional day, I asked God what I did to ever deserve to lose my mom.  Needless to say, I was having a bad day, and I was sad about wishing I had a momma to talk to.  Years ago, I participcated in the 3day walk.  If you knew me then, you’ll remember, just as I did after some time spent with God, I worked on this.  I worked on bringing glory to God for the decisions He makes.  You might also remember that I sprained my ankle (twice) and couldn’t finish past the first day because I couldn’t get my foot back in my shoe.  It was a journey.  It was so much more than the 3day.  It was heartache, and healing, it was sadness and joy.  It was crazy.  So many people supported me. 

I know that whatever the results, there is a reason (though I can’t help but hope that there is no lumps, no cancer).  I can’t wait to get this over with!  LOL

I think all this emotion comes from deep within because even though I know I shouldn’t, I am a little worried.  But I learned a long time ago, you either pray or you worry, you can’t do both.  So today I woke up with praises for the King of Kings, in joy and thankfulness, and I will continue to pray all day. 

Psalm 100
Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
    Worship the Lord with gladness;
    come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God.
    It is he who made us, and we are his[a];
    we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

Enter his gates with thanksgiving
    and his courts with praise;
    give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
    his faithfulness continues through all generations.

Comments