Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Pray don't worry


There is something, something that lies deep within you when your parent dies of cancer.  Especially if your parent dies at a young age.  Will it happen to me?  I have always wondered that.  It’s a horrible thing to have lurking in your heart.  It brings fear and anxiousness. 

Today I go for a mammogram, it’s just routine, but nonetheless, I will hold my breath waiting for the results.

Just recently, when having a super emotional day, I asked God what I did to ever deserve to lose my mom.  Needless to say, I was having a bad day, and I was sad about wishing I had a momma to talk to.  Years ago, I participcated in the 3day walk.  If you knew me then, you’ll remember, just as I did after some time spent with God, I worked on this.  I worked on bringing glory to God for the decisions He makes.  You might also remember that I sprained my ankle (twice) and couldn’t finish past the first day because I couldn’t get my foot back in my shoe.  It was a journey.  It was so much more than the 3day.  It was heartache, and healing, it was sadness and joy.  It was crazy.  So many people supported me. 

I know that whatever the results, there is a reason (though I can’t help but hope that there is no lumps, no cancer).  I can’t wait to get this over with!  LOL

I think all this emotion comes from deep within because even though I know I shouldn’t, I am a little worried.  But I learned a long time ago, you either pray or you worry, you can’t do both.  So today I woke up with praises for the King of Kings, in joy and thankfulness, and I will continue to pray all day. 

Psalm 100
Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
    Worship the Lord with gladness;
    come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God.
    It is he who made us, and we are his[a];
    we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

Enter his gates with thanksgiving
    and his courts with praise;
    give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
    his faithfulness continues through all generations.

No comments: