Meal Planning done a-rye and I don't mean bread!


It hasn’t been a good week of meal planning in our household.  Well… I planned it… but it did not come to fruition. I wonder… does this happen to everyone?

It started Monday…  I had planned on baking a chicken… which I did.  But Phyllis got home early from work and was hungry.  The chicken had another 1.5 hours to go (I just put it in the oven before she got home).  So we ate out.

Tuesday – we went out because we were shopping.  We were supposed to have Thai Wraps with the leftover chicken.

Wednesday was leftover day… however, you must have leftovers to actually eat leftovers.  I stopped and got a gross veggie pita from some gross place in Hamtown. Thank God for the Avalon granola bar that held me over.

Thursday – that was yesterday right?  Didn’t get home until 8:00pm.  Ate toast and grapefruit.  Phyllis ate McDonald’s. 

Did I mention that we got an order from Door to Door?  Did I also mention that if you don’t eat organic produce quickly, it goes bad?  :/

Today…  I made the Thai Wraps.  I modified the recipe from my Family Feasts cookbook to fit that I had leftover chicken.

It was good!   I don’t have anything planned for the weekend… thankfully His mercies are new EVERY morning and sometimes, in my case, every minute. 

Next week!  Better meal planning!!!  And FOLLOW THROUGH!!!


The good thing... the meal I actually made (and we ate)...  fully of veggies and brown rice!






Comments