It’s boring

I had to give myself a pep talk yesterday. 

The truth is often i feel forgotten and left behind. Most people look at me like I’m often serious (because i am) but what they don’t know about me is that I’m super funny! (And fun!)

Yesterday  i was telling myself the good things about me because often I’m bombarded by all the worst about me. Like when you sit in a room full of people and you have anxiety. So sometimes you gotta give yourself a pep talk. 

Today i really had to dig deep and actually pray. It was a rough day y’all 

You know what i couldn’t get past?

Faithful 

I’m faithful 

Doesn’t that sound so boring? 

It does. Because it is. It’s like the brown couch in the living room that holds the pretty pillows. It’s the item you use so much but you ever even really think about. 

You know what else it is? 

It’s wonderful 

It’s comforting to know that someone will always be there. That they will make others look and feel good. 

Faithful people don’t get movies made about them, they are the supporting cast. But really who would the lead talk to if they weren’t there? It would be a short conversation. Lol 

When the leading lady needs someone to hold her purse while she kicks someone’s booty... what would happen to her purse? It might get stepped on. 

In my life i had some very faithful people and some not so faithful people both taught me the value of faithfulness.

It’s even a fruit of the spirit. 

But faithful is sometimes lonely. It means that sometimes you go it alone. It means that you’re hurt when people aren’t (but it means so much when they are).

So if nothing else, I’m faithful. But I’m a lot of other good things too.

Today faithful has to be good enough.

I hope you always know. 

I’ll be here for you. 

Comments