Meal planning

My life has been a little chaotic lately, which means that if I don’t have meals planned , it makes it more chaotic, and harder to eat right. Also I’ve been down my upstairs oven/stove which I am hoping to fix this weekend to make my life easier. I’m all about making my life easier!!
I decided that I am going to buy my organic veggies and Kroger and Meijer because their prices are better than Door to Door and a pretty good selection, but there is not a large selection of fruit, so I am going to order the Med Fruit box, which will last us about 2 weeks (except bananas, we eat a lot of bananas).
I am planning my meals for the month, though it’s gonna be from Feb 20 – March 20, no point in making a muck of it until March 1 comes. I tend to buy a lot of the same ingredients so I can mix stuff up a little.
One of my goals in the next couple weeks is to can some beans so I don’t have to buy them. I think it’s wise to can things like beans in the winter months so as to not have to do them in the time when it’s fruit/veggie canning time.
Sometimes for non-crockpot meals, I make a few on Sundays or I make 2 meals at a time to make things easier.
Also I’ve been down my upstairs oven/stove which I am hoping to fix this weekend to make my life easier. I’m all about making my life easier!!
Menu for Feb/March

Crock Pot Meals
Tomato Sauced Pork Ribs
Betty Crocker Cookbook – pg. 233
Stuffed Pepper Soup (this is always a go-to in our house!)
Chicken Teriyaki
White Chicken Chili
Beef Roast, potatoes, carrots
Taco Chili
Beef Barley Soup

Non-Crockpot mealsChicken Alfredo with broccoli (g-free noodles)
Spaghetti (will buy enough to make twice) (g-free noodles)
Tacos (will have enough to make 3x)
This includes enchiladas (I make my own sauce), tostadas, or tacos
Messy Margie's
Tamales
BBQ Chicken Sandwiches, cole slaw
Meatloaf, mashed taters
Shephard’s Pie
Stuffed Cabbage
BBQ Meatballs (Amanda’s recipe)
Stuffed Peppers
BBQ Ribs
Stir Fry (chicken, broccoli, carrots, snap peas, rice)http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/04/crockpot-chicken-teriyaki-recipe.html

Comments

Momma said…
You are inspiring. Can I be like you when I grow up? LOL
Deb said…
Ditto what Jessica said!

...I can't believe you can your own beans? ...yes I can.

You're amazing. :)